If you’re like the majority of people you do not give too much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it stops running, or unless it comes time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible out of this important appliance it can be extremely good to know how it keeps your food and drinks cool—and Shaw Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to find out everything you need to know about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is time to hire refrigerator repair CITY.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard kitchen appliance for a lot of years. A household refrigerator can store your food at the optimal temperature, in order to prevent rotting and slow down the growth of bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from the inside of the appliance to the outside, using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Shaw Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it is need for circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. You should call on a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is attached on the back exterior panel of the appliance and is there to emit the heat built-up from inside the refrigerator out to the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is housed in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs the heat held inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside the appliance.
Once the evaporator is not working, it’s time to hire a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is transferred within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool to cool the gas, transforming the gas into liquid.
A thermostat exists to regulate the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling cycle as it is appropriate.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in CITY for service right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside a refrigerator rises above the set point sensors notify the compressor to begin, and then the cool down starts. The unit attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the warm gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the rear of the unit, where it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the home and transforms to a liquid state.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues on its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the coils on the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the heated air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby returning the temperature until it has reached the correct final point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and turns back into a gas form, and returns to the compressor unit so it can then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in a number of applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting heat from a single area and then relocating it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, provides a perfect space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule repair with Shaw Appliance Repair.
Shaw Appliance Repair will service nearly all popular brands and models of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced service technicians in CITY undergo training to repair cooling issues, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation issues, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart functionality and other malfunctions. We everything about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2022  Shaw Appliance Repair